pink, my dear

a Midwestern, thirtysomething, working mama's blog about life, food, motherhood, Ulcerative Colitis, ostomy, and other things

As Great-Grandmother Libb says, "I like any color so long as it's pink."

Monday, August 27, 2007

My version of the Northstar Chicken Basil Burrito

So, I had some chopped, poached chicken in my fridge and was craving something with basil. Here goes:

1 C. cooked brown rice, warm
about 1 C. chopped, cooked chicken, warmed
4-6 med. tortillas
12-16 fresh basil leaves
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
1/4 C. creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp. shiracha hot chili sauce *optional
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp. mango chutney or apricot preserves
Blend sauce in blender. It will be thick. If you want it thinner, add a little water and/or soy to taste. Pour half the peanut sauce over the chicken. Use the rest for dipping.

On each tortilla, lay down a large spoonful of rice, a scoop of saucy chicken, and some basil leaves. Make into scrumptious burritos. Eat and enjoy. I'd bet you could substitute the chicken with tofu and it would still be yummy.

p.s.-- all measurements are approximate.

1 comment:

amy turn sharp said...

yumster
when you cooking and calling me?

my del.icio.us and flickr