pink, my dear

a Midwestern, thirtysomething, working mama's blog about life, food, motherhood, Ulcerative Colitis, ostomy, and other things

As Great-Grandmother Libb says, "I like any color so long as it's pink."

Friday, February 03, 2006

Lofty Goals

Join me, won't you? http://thedailymeme.com/
This is from Five on Friday (http://friday.criminalgrace.com/)

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
First female president of the United States. Not kidding. I went around telling everyone this. My grandma Annie was probably the only one who took me seriously. I may have even had a campaign platform.

2. Did you follow through? If not, what happened?
Well, no, so far I haven't been hired for that job. Instead, I got an English degree and started working at afterschool programs. I thought I wanted to be a teacher for a while. Now, I think I'm becoming a social worker.

3. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid? If not, is it better or worse?
In some ways, yes, my life is turning out how I thought it would. I've bought a house, I'm getting married to a wonderful man, and we will probably have a child in the next few years. Also, I'm still close to a lot of childhood friends (best friends forever, right?). And I've stuck to my guns when it comes to my morals and political views-- I started those young, I guess.

4. Paradoxes aside, if you could time-travel back to when you were 10 years old, what would you tell your 10-year-old self?
Chill out. It is OKAY to break the rules sometimes. And be nicer to your mother. And practice the piano more often. And, by the way, you're not fat or ugly-- you're a beautiful, normal, smarty-pants, KID! Take more risks and worry less.

5. Do you think the child you were, would like the adult you've become?
Yes. I would probably be disgusted by the fact that I smoked (but I don't anymore!) but I think I'd want to hang out with grown-up me. That's weird.

No comments:

my del.icio.us and flickr