pink, my dear

a Midwestern, thirtysomething, working mama's blog about life, food, motherhood, Ulcerative Colitis, ostomy, and other things

As Great-Grandmother Libb says, "I like any color so long as it's pink."

Friday, December 30, 2005

Crochet Fever

Yesterday I came down with some sort of virus or flu-thingy. It was something I undoubtedly picked up the day before while at JoAnn fabrics, where throngs of sick people spent their Christmas money and touched and sneezed on all the good clearance merchandise before I found it. On a lighter note, they had lots of yarn on sale, so I bought some with my Christmas money.

Anyhow, I woke up very late yesterday and had a nasty headache and nausea all day. By 6pm I felt achey and by 10 I was downright feverish and chilly and curled in a ball on the couch. I took some Tylenol and went to bed, where I laid moaning and shivering (although I was apparently burning up) for about an hour before falling asleep.

Now here's the good part. Maybe I've been spending too much time online. Or maybe I've learned to channel the powers of the Medium. I was dreaming about crochet patterns. Particularly, patterns I haven't seen before (mostly from the roxycraft website) because I haven't bought them yet. Scary. I saw what appeared to be clearly written patterns and a tutorial for some cute amigurumi toys. Alas, when I woke up, I couldn't remember any of the instructions. I guess I'll have to keep a journal by the bed for just such occasions and scribble down every detail when I first open my eyes. Or, just buy the damn patterns.

1 comment:

peapies said...

definitely keep a journal, you'd be amazed at how many good ideas come to you right before falling asleep, dreaming and right when you wake up.

Good luck with not smoking, maybe you'll inspire me to do the same!

my del.icio.us and flickr